Our Student Career Support Principles

At the OGU Career Center, we have designated a member of our staff to provide employment support for OGU international students who wish to work in Japan.
If you are looking for a job at a Japanese company or a foreign company operating in Japan, please contact the career center.

Career Center Email: career@ogu.ac.jp

Information 1 [Regarding residence status]

In order to be employed in Japan you must apply to change your current residence status from “Student” to a status that allows you to work in Japan. In some cases when applying for change of status, the employment conditions do not meet the conditions stipulated by the relevant laws and regulations based on the “Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act”. Therefore, please consult with the company and try to prepare your application with plenty of time.

Information 2 [Websites providing support information to international students seeking employment in Japan]

Japan Student Services Organisation (JASSO)


Osaka Employment Service Center for Foreigners

Correspondence is available in the following languages: English, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish
Consultation: Telephone, On-site visit.
Services: Employment information, vocational counseling, internships, guidance for international students (advance reservation only)
Registration: You may register from April the year that you will graduate.

Page Top